Are you interested in a career in Local Government and have a genuine interest in the delivery of key services to our local communities? Join Greater Hume Shire Council as a trainee and you will gain invaluable work experience and a nationally recognised qualification while you earn an income.
Ideally you will possess the personal initiative and career drive to gain a formal qualification whilst working as part of a team in the delivery of highly valued services throughout Greater Hume Shire.
Your duties in this role will include but are not limited to:
- General administration an reception duties
- Assist with the processing of companion animal registrations and maintain relevant records
- The receipting of payments made to Council and daily banking of cash and cheques
- Participate in Library collection management, library presentation and collection management
- Assist the Youth Advisory Committee in membership activities
- Provide support when required to the Library and Youth Services Development Officer in the planning of youth events and promotion of social media pages
Essential Criteria for Appointment
- Completion of Year 12 Higher School Certificate or equivalent would be highly regarded
- Genuine interest in the provision of library and other services to local communities and a willingness to develop skills and knowledge in these areas
- Demonstrated commitment to the successful completion of a traineeship
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to listen and follow instructions and to communicate effectively with a wide and diverse group of people
- High degree of personal initiative and career drive
- Class “C” Drivers Licence or Provisional Licence.
This position would be well suited to a Year 12 leaver, commencing early to mid December 2017 and based between the Culcairn and Henty council locations.
If you are a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual seeking a role that is both exciting and highly engaging with a local government, APPLY TODAY!