SOLUTIONS TECHNOLOGIST & TECHNICAL TRAINER
Codan Limited designs and manufactures a range of high value added electronics products for global government, business, aid & humanitarian, public safety and security markets.
To implement / support radio systems, facilitate delivery of product training including developing those materials, meet customer expectations and requirements and support engineering on existing product updates as well as new product development
Product and System Implementations
- In conjunction with other team members, ensure systems are built correctly and on time.
- Provide on-site customer services in a supporting role for tasks like site commissioning, troubleshooting and repairs
- Complete Factory Acceptance/Field Acceptance Testing processes.
- Perform system level testing of firmware and software in support of Design and Development.
- Support Engineering in the update of existing products and the development of new products.
- Research and evaluate third-party items for suitability for resale as required by Codan.
- Document and manufacture custom, non-standard, unique, or low volume systems.
- Set up and test demo work orders for Sales & Marketing.
Support and Training
- Provide support for returned material services and telephone support for domestic and international clients.
- Provide support for telephone / email support to domestic and international clients.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training and support clients. This may be in conjunction with other Codan staff.
- Available 24-7 during on call shift rotation, of Tier 1 support services.
- Develop training materials and tools.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Electronics Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Field radio site service experience
- Prior experience delivering technical training
- Presentation skills suitable for a technical environment
- Manufacturing workplace experience is preferred
- Understanding of land mobile radio communications systems
- Ability to operate industry standard tools and test equipment common to the radio electronics field
- Experience with MS Suite of Applications, SAP, Syspro, CRM and Activity Tracker
- Knowledge of circuit diagram layouts for troubleshooting
- Previous experience in the deployment of public safety radio systems (desirable)
- Proven ability to work independently and be well organised
- Ability to follow systematic processes
Ability & willingness to travel, primarily within North America as required