WRITE CODE; SAVE LIVES.
Codan Communications is a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of Land Mobile Radio (LMR) communications solutions. When you dial 9-1-1, our radio equipment is what the 911 dispatcher uses to send police, firefighters, or paramedics to you. A career at Codan Communications is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic global business, reaching out to all corners of the world, helping people communicate in the moments that matter.
We are always looking for new team members who exude our Core Values:
- A Can-Do attitude
- High Performing work
- A Customer Driven mindset
- A character of Openness and Integrity
We are looking for talented, motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of developers and help design and implement software for Land Mobile Radio (LMR) products.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, testing, and development of LMR products.
- Assist with planning during all stages of a dynamic Agile software project cycle.
- Contribute to a collaborative team and work environment to achieve high performance, ongoing learning, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in peer design and development review
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
- A BSc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or you have an equivalent 3+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Programming experience in Java and C or C++
- An understanding of Agile and Scrum development processes or experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience with version control systems like Git, as well as other development tools like Gradle, IntelliJ, Jira, and Confluence
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking
- Applied knowledge of software testing best practices, including unit, system, and integration tests
Benefits & Perks:
We offer full health benefits including the option to participate in a company matched retirement savings program. In addition to your base salary and benefits, Codan also has a short-term incentive plan to reward employees with great performance and all employees are able to take advantage of a training budget to provide you with continuous improvement of your skills.
On top of the above, you can take advantage of flexible work hours and a relaxed work environment. We celebrate the end of every month with drinks, each release with a party, and every week with ice cream, because it is all about the little things!
What about You?
- You love continuous improvement (in your code and in yourself), with proven success at digging deep to find solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards improving product quality and maintaining or optimizing performance
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with like-minded team members, and mentoring new developers
- You're quick to understand new code bases
If Codan sounds like a great fit for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We look forward to getting to know you!