The Tasmanian State League (TSL) Football Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the operational delivery of the Tasmanian State League competition. The role will aim to provide operational support to the running of the league and provide support to clubs and other stakeholders incluing umpires and venue operators. The role will focus on all operational aspects of the TSL including match day requirements, player registrations, Match Review and Tribunal requirements. The role is aimed at strengthening the delivery of the TSL and provide support to the operational demands of the state wide competition to deliver on it’s strategic goal of being Tasmania’s Best Talent, Premier Competition.
The TSL Football Operations Coordinator will provide coordination and operational support in the following areas:
- The various projects, programs and initiatives that fall within the responsibility of the TSL including match day operations and club development
- Co-ordinate operational requirements of the Tasmanian State League Women’s Competition
- Support the TSL Operations manager with player transfers and registration via Footyweb
- Co-ordinate the online registration process for all TSL clubs, players and personnel
- Co-ordinate the online requirements of TSL match day management and reporting systems
- Co-ordinate and monitor weekly team lists and match day staff requirements
- Circulate TSL match day information to all stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Support the TSL Operations manager with the MRP and Tribunal framework and delivery
- TSL recognition programs and nominations for awards
- The collection and maintenance of accurate information and database details relating to TSL as required
- Knowledge of AFL, AFL Tasmania and TSL rules and policies for assistance to clubs and support staff as required
- Support TSL Operations Meetings including the development of Action Lists and the resulting post meeting follow up as required
- Support TSL Umpires manager with appropriate administration support
- Support AFL Tasmania Events related to TSL football
- Capacity to undertake and help deliver programs, projects and events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Sound organisational skills and an ability to multitask based on priorities
- Ability to identify, understand and give priority to stakeholder needs
- Demonstrated attention to detail
Qualifications & Experience
- An understanding of the football industry, particularly state league football
- Current Working with Vulnerable People (Children) Registration
- Current drivers Licence
- Relevant post secondary school qualification eg: Certificate in Business or Sports Administration
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with the development and implementation of football development programs
- Ability to manage a budget
Play to Win
We rise to every challenge and do what we say we will do – we own the outcome. We thrive on pushing the boundaries beyond what we have done before to achieve the extraordinary for our people, fans, partners and the community.
Respect, integrity, honesty, empathy and a great work ethic earns us the right to play.
Play with Passion
We love what we do. Passion, energy, fun and perseverance is at the heart of our sport and is what drives how we work.
Play as One Team
We work as one team because together we achieve better outcomes. We bring out the best in each other by embracing our diverse range of ideas, skills and backgrounds to achieve individual and shared success. We celebrate our wins and always have each other’s back.
Applications close: 20 January 2017