As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The position is a 12 month contract role that will work closely with Reconciliation Australia, the AFL and Rio Tinto. They will be responsible for the oversight and management of the RAP portfolio across the AFL Industry including AFL House, Clubs and their State bodies to establish and implement the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) program.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Coordinate implementation of the AFL RAP and manage internal and external project teams
- Identify and report on gaps in the industry, and barriers to change
- Promote and assist with delivery of events for the AFL RAP portfolio to increase engagement and networking of AFL Clubs, RAP partners, corporate, government sector and not for profit organisations to support AFL and Clubs RAP programs
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Exceptional ability to engage, influence and collaborate with a range of key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Deep understanding and awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and issues, and demonstrated ability to engage key Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and a strong understanding of the role of communication in engaging people and communities.
- Experience in the AFL industry, at Club, community or state level, or a deep understanding and connection to football.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Click APPLY or contact Katriina Heikkanen, Indigenous and Social Policy Manager on 0404 090 598 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Friday 2 March 2018