Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Direct Reports: Nil
Indirect Reports: Nil
Internal Customer: Open Pit Personnel
External Liaison: Nil
Commitment and Responsibility
To work by the values of the company.
Be Accountable for achieving your goals through strong leadership and commitment to the job at hand and convert discussions into Actions and actions into results; Be Innovative and strive for continuous improvement on our productivities; Promote Teamwork spirit and arise together to face challenges; Demonstrate Integrity and responsibility through honest, Respectful and transparent communication.
Principal Position Objective
Responsible for operating mobile mining and ancillary equipment to ensure that targets are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile equipment of various types, including production equipment, construction equipment, drills and haul trucks.
- Follow specific operating procedures.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment at all times.
- Understand mine and pit lay outs.
- Achieve agreed production and personal objectives.
- Operate equipment by day and night.
- Carry out pre start and post operational checks as required.
- Provide relief supervision within the limits of competence and training.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and housekeeping inspections.
- Zero equipment damage due to negligence or not following procedure.
- Facilitate with hot seat changeovers.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping is completed at all times
- Correct notification of absence
- Demonstrate punctual behaviour at all times.
- Utilise the Mine Star Production Reporting and Monitoring System. (PRMS).
- Complete all documentation accurately.
- Undertake training as required to gain new skills.
- Provide training where required to other mine operators.
- Report all incidents, injuries, unsafe acts, near misses and workplace hazards immediately.
- Participate in safety meeting and site safety programmes – actively participate in PASS and Tool box safety meetings.
- Apply and implement Timeout system consistently and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to undertaking tasks.
- Be involved in the development and review/revision of maintenance procedures (SOP) when required.
- Comply with all Safe Work Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Uses and wears specified PPE at all times.
- Refer to specific Machine Job Descriptions.
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
Full and Current Driver Licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred.
Previous experience operating equipment in mining environment is an advantage.
Respect - Demonstrate a high standard of behaviour and conduct and work ethics
- Respect ideas, opinions and contributions of others
- Demonstrate a high standard of behaviour and conduct in all areas including health & safety, environment and community
- Act with a strong work ethic and proactively seek advice from supervisors or co-workers when needed
Integrity - Be diligent in carrying out work duties and apply sound judgment to decision making
- Follow all workplace procedures and guidance
- Monitor and check all work to eliminate mistakes
- Organise work, time and resources efficiently and use common sense and wisdom when faced with difficult situations
Teamwork - Build excellent working relationships, contribute to and be committed to the team purpose and objectives
- Share information, knowledge and resources with co-workers
- Proactively seek feedback from co-workers and provide feedback in a constructive and considerate manner
- Take team goals as priority and cooperate with others to get task or work completed
Innovation - Act with initiative and proactively identify and work through problems to reach a solution
- Come up with suggestions / ideas for new ways of doing something or find solutions to problems
- Work to eliminate processes or activities that do not add value
- Committed to continuous learning and consistently develop job skills and work knowledge
Action - Possess the job knowledge, skills and performance to ensure duties are undertaken efficiently and to a high standard
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done
- Be efficient in completing duties and setting priorities
- Meet all work standards, schedules and deadlines
Accountability – Demonstrate a commitment to, and proactively participate, in your role and health and safety processes
- Care for the safety of yourself and others
- Take responsibility for doing tasks correctly and with accuracy
- Perform all work activities at required quality, cost and within deadlines
- Satisfactory results from the prescribed medical examination and physical appraisal which may indicate fitness and ability to carry out prescribed tasks to required performance and safety standards.
- Production of a satisfactory security clearance.