As a member of the financial reporting team, you will play an important role in ensuring the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of Company and Group financial statements. You are required to handle full sets of accounts and perform treasury accounting responsibilities. This is a hands-on role and you will be responsible for providing sound technical accounting advice, including setting up/preparation of accounting entries to record financial instruments, hedge accounting and maintaining accounting schedules. You will participate actively as a technical accounting expert in various projects and be able to take charge of rolling out of new FRSs as and when required. In addition, you will be responsible to identify process improvements while balancing need for proper governance and internal controls. You will need to liaise with internal and external auditors for annual audits.
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualification
• At least 8 years of working experience, of which at least 4 years are from one of the Big 4 Audit firms. Candidates with commercial experience will be preferred.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Analytical, excellent attention to details, hands-on, resourceful and independent. Enjoy working in a fast pace working environment.
• Familiarity with financial products (Bonds, Swaps, loans) and their associated accounting entries as well as accounting reporting requirements will be an advantage