Work Location: Bangalore
Role SDE 2/3
Hiring Event -Hyderabad on Saturday/19th Jan 2019
Flipkart has defined the eCommerce industry in India and will continue its leadership with its core value of putting “customer first”. Flipkart is made of people who love being themselves and their independence of thoughts pave way for disruptive innovation in technology, business and operations fronts.
We are looking for seasoned engineers who are quality conscious, product thinkers, business cognizant and smart – not mere coders. Engineers get to significantly amplify the impact of their work/creations with the scale that Flipkart operates at. The same scale also demands the engineers to produce super-efficient solutions. Engineers participate and breed the culture of self-drive, which is fuelled with merit based opportunities. In the pursuit of excellence, Flipsters’ compete against themselves because there is no competitor in the radar. Flipsters’ area of work includes advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability, elastic storage, predictive analytics, fraud detection, inventory planning, supply chain automation, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience, to name a few. Working with the market leader, engineers mostly solve challenges-never- seen-before.
The company environment makes people receptive with open mind and infuse a drive of ownership to succeed and create impact. The excitement gets further fuelled with the impact of flipsters’ work felt and complemented by friends and family in India. At Flipkart we miss no opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments. While we work hard, we party harder, which helps us rejuvenate.
● Owner of a functional area from product conception to delivery
● Design and code independently in multiple tech components related to functional area
● Take Non-functional requirement (Reliability & Availability, Scale, horizontal scalability) and Tech stack decisions
● Mentor junior members
● Own code base quality
● Deep expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack.
● Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
● Strong object oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny
ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
● The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to
● Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
● Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux
● Comprehensive operational experience including, optimizations, deployments and tuning
servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
● Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD and
Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
● BTech, MTech, or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or
equivalent). Or high technical acumen and rich technical experience.
● Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus
● Expert level experience in building scalable, large and complex business application
using some of above technologies and mentoring junior engineers.
Apart from all the general benefits of best in industry compensation, equity, healthcare etc., Flipkart prides in calling out the big hand for you to be
● Great Work, Great People and Great environment. We call ourselves an incubator for
engineers where you get all the optimal conditions to do and experience your best.
<Final Role fitment based on candidate experience and interview feedback>