Esri Australia is the leader in the Australian geospatial sector and is the national distributor for the world-leading ArcGIS platform.
We currently employ more than 200 of the country's brightest professionals from a range of disciplines, including business analytics, cartography, environmental science, software development and surveying.
This is your big break. Not another job – a global career pathway in a $20 billion global industry!
Enjoying what you do isn’t just for the lucky few, it is for everyone. At Esri Australia, we pride ourselves on fostering a strong team culture that will challenge you, help you grow, and ensure that no two days are the same.
World leaders in Geographic Information System (GIS) technology, Esri Australia is part of a global network where joining the family doesn’t just mean a new job, it unlocks an international career pathway with limitless possibilities.
We’re looking for passionate, enthusiastic professionals, to welcome into an already eclectic mix of like-minded people who live and breathe GIS.
About the Team and the Roles
The purpose of our Professional Services (PS) Consultants is to provide and manage technical and project consulting services to Esri Australia clients for the delivery of geospatial business solutions. As a PS Consultant, you are responsible for small/medium projects or for groups of tasks (modules) on larger projects. This may mean working autonomously, as part of a team or as a Lead Consultant on larger engagements. You will be actively delivering on projects and services to our clients, including the deployment, configuration and customisation of ArcGIS-based solutions.
Through interfacing and discussion, you will capture customer requirements and present the relevant technical solution at customer visits, presentations and other follow up meetings. You will be responsible for a wide variety of delivery activities, including providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members. You will work with project managers to define tasks, allocate resources, and ensure that risks are identified early. You will be writing technical requirement specifications that meet customer needs and translating these accurately to the delivery team for successful delivery of the projects.
We have different level of consultants – as outlined below - you should consider expressing your interest here, responding to the advert, including an updated resume and a cover letter for the role you think may suit you best:
- Entry Level Consultant
- Senior Consultant
- Principal Consultant
- Service Delivery Manager
You will need to be a commercially aware professional, proposing and developing high quality, simple and efficient solutions.
You’ll have excellent fault diagnosis and problem-solving skills.
Your ability to prioritise workload, manage time and schedule tasks whilst remaining resilient to changing priorities will make a difference in building rapport internally and externally with peers and customers to enable knowledge sharing, strong relationships and successful projects.
Qualifications, Desirable Skills & Attributes we are looking for
Please note this section is for information only, our requirements will vary from one position to another.
- A bachelor’s degree in associated business disciplines (Computer Science, Information Technology, Geography, Geospatial Science, Remote Sensing and/or Surveying);
- Some relevant software and data solutions experience using structured development methodologies;
- Solution architecture design and definition understanding and/or experience;
- Elicit requirements, lead discovery workshops, business process modelling, use case/user story modelling.
- Geodatabase design, supporting web service delivery, using technologies such as:
- Services: Knowledge of XML and web services (REST/SOAP)
- Architectures: Understanding of multi-tiered environments.
- Enterprise: Understanding of enterprise architecture/integrations
- Proficient Products knowledge: Esri ArcGIS Desktop plus extensions, ArcGIS Server, Pro, Mobile, SDE;
- 3rd-Party GIS Products: Schneider-Electric ArcFM Desktop/Server, Geo.e, Clarion, ENVI, GeoCortex, Maximo;
- Databases experience: Oracle, MS SQL server, PostGres/GIS, Informix, HANA;
- Good understanding of corporate IT environments – systems, infrastructure, networks, security, policies
- Systems integration of Esri technologies with related technologies (e.g. asset management, BI, ERP, financial);
- Working knowledge of industry standard IT methodologies, tools and techniques – Agile, Unified Process, UML;
- Cloud computing platforms: AWS, Azure;
- Project Management experience and/or certifications (PMP, ITIL, Prince2).
For further details, please contact Tibo, National Recruitment Lead on 07 3218 0448 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Esri Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a current formal agreement in place we shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.