This is your big break! Not just another job, a global career pathway in a $20 billion global industry.
Enjoying what you do isn’t just for the lucky few, it is for everyone. At MapData Services (MDS), we pride ourselves on fostering a strong team culture that will challenge you, help you grow, and ensure that no two days are the same.
MapData Services is one of the longest serving and most respected authorities in mapping and data for the region, we continue to approach each client challenge with the vigour and youthful energy of our ‘start-up’ beginnings.
Our mission is to bring our experience, energy and agility to every client challenge. Our growing client demand is creating opportunities for you to use your technical ability to provide expertise in the development and delivery of applications and web services by joining MapData Services.
About The Role
We’ve chosen the brightest and most passionate people to join our organisation and are seeking like-minded professionals committed to excellence. We’re looking for passionate, enthusiastic professionals, to welcome into an already eclectic mix of like-minded people who live and breathe GIS.
The purpose of our employees is to provide and manage technical and project consulting services to MDS clients for the delivery of geospatial business solutions. As one of us, you are responsible for small/medium projects or for groups of tasks (modules) on larger projects. This may mean working autonomously, as part of a team or as a Lead Consultant on larger engagements. You will be actively delivering on projects and services to our clients, including the deployment, configuration and customisation of digital mapping and data solutions.
Through interfacing and discussion, you will capture customer requirements and present the relevant technical solution at customer visits, presentations and other follow up meetings. You will be responsible for a wide variety of delivery activities, including providing technical guidance and leadership to other team members.
You will work with the team to define tasks, allocate resources, and ensure that risks are identified early. You will be writing technical requirement specifications that meet customer needs and translating these accurately to the delivery team for successful delivery of the projects.
We have different positions available on a regular basis – you should consider expressing your interest here, responding to the advert, including an updated resume and a cover letter for the role you think may suit you best.
In addition to your genuine passion for digital mapping and data solutions and technology more globally, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
You will need to be a commercially aware professional, proposing and developing high quality, simple and efficient solutions. You’ll have excellent fault diagnosis and problem-solving skills. Your ability to prioritise workload, manage time and schedule tasks whilst remaining resilient to changing priorities will make a difference in building rapport internally and externally with peers and customers to enable knowledge sharing, strong relationships and successful projects.
Qualifications, Desirable Skills & Attributes we are looking for
Please note this section is for information only, our requirements will vary from one position to another.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such as computer science or software engineering. A Master’s degree would be a plus;
- Some relevant software and data solutions experience using structured development methodologies;
- Solution architecture design and definition understanding and/or experience;
- Elicit requirements, lead discovery workshops, business process modelling, use case/user story modelling.
- Experience with programming languages and frameworks such as Angular, C#, Python,
- Experience with databases and storage solutions such as Postgres, MS SQL Server and ElasticSearch.
Experience with data migration away from SQL Server will be a plus;
- Cloud experience with AWS. AWS Certifications will be highly regarded;
- Linux and/or Windows systems engineering;
- Full Stack software development;
- Experience working in a commercial environment and interacting at all levels of an organisation, both internally and with clients;
- Ability to understand spatial relationships and work with data in context, using logic and initiative to solve problems;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to deal with clients and stakeholders at all levels, understand and translate business needs into a valued solution;
- Effective relationship building skills, with strong collaborative working skills;
- Thorough understanding of current capabilities and trends in spatial technology;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Personality/behaviour aligns with MapData Services’ core values.
If this triggers your interest and you’d like to discuss further, please click apply and follow the prompts to lodge a formal expression of interest.
For further details, please contact Tibo Torche, National Recruitment Lead on 07 3218 0448.
Please note that MDS does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the event, a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a current formal agreement in place we shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.