Senior / Planning Adviser
Be part of an award winning team, leading best practice in your profession. With an organisational goal of building a lifestyle capital, we are looking for people who are passionate about creating high quality planning outcomes with a desire to make a difference.
This is an exciting time for our District Planning team as we prepare a Proposed Plan for public notification after the recent release of the award winning draft digital District Plan.
As a high growth District with an extensive rural hinterland we have a range of challenging and complex planning issues that will give you plenty of stretch.
If you are a planner, with drive, determination, and a genuine desire to continually enhance outcomes for the community and want to contribute to an integrated team environment then we would love to hear from you!
As the lifestyle capital New Plymouth provides city benefits and an extensive playground for all walks of life. Come and be part of building something great.
At NPDC we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. We have put together an integrated ‘Total Rewards Framework that spans Personal Wellbeing, Professional Development, Benefits, Workplace Culture and Rewards and Recognition.
Applications close on Sunday 29 July 2018.
POSITION: Senior Planning Adviser
JOB LEVEL: Technical Professional
REPORTS TO: District Planning Lead
To assist with the development, implementation and integration of Councils spatial strategies, frameworks and policies for the Districts natural and built environment.
- Integrated - Functional managers and Professional Leads
- External - Community organisations and businesses, industry groups and resource management practitioners, Iwi and Hapu leaders, Central and Local Government Agencies.
- Develop, implement and integrate the Councils spatial strategies, including the development of the District Plan.
- Champion and implement the key directions of the New Plymouth District Blueprint.
- Undertake stakeholder engagement as part of plan preparation with internal and external customers.
- Prepare projects briefs and manage consultants for the delivery of district planning projects.
- Actively ensure that legislative requirements and Council policies and procedures are fulfilled, particularly in relation to all key relevant legislation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Developed annually and form part of performance and team plans
- Works collaboratively with others to enhance team performance.
- Innovative and integrated thinking and decision making to enable delivery of projects
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own actions and day to day decision making.
- Effective performance and delivery within a political environment.
- Maintains cultural awareness and keeps up to date with issues affecting the community.
- Sets high standards of performance for self
- An understanding of GIS systems and e-planning.
- Tertiary Qualification in environmental planning or related field.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and relationship engagement.
- Eligibility for membership to the New Zealand Planning Institute.
For a copy of the Planning Adviser job description, please contact HR@npdc.govt.nz