Police Call Centre Role - Police the streets without all the running
Auckland or Kapiti
Annual Salary Range $46,336 - $52,993
Will you help make New Zealand the safest country?
As a police communicator, you’ll be the first point of contact for members of the public when they call police. You will assist in non-emergency situations, completing reports of historic crime where police attendance isn’t required immediately. You will also be providing the public with information or connecting them to the right people. That’s why we’re looking for people with excellent communication skills, who are keen to make a difference.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- Resilient – you’ll have a cool head when the pressure is on
- A great listener and problem solver able to think on your feet
- An excellent communicator and empathetic, but not a counsellor
- Tech savvy
- Positive – care about making a difference and keeping communities safe.
This is not your average customer service role. Every call is different, so you need to be able to think on your feet and deal with anything that comes your way. There may even be times you’ll need to deal with critical events or emergency situations.
We will train you
Our in-depth classroom scenario-based training and our supportive culture will set you on the path towards a rewarding and successful career within NZ Police. You will receive:
- 7 weeks initial classroom-based training
- 2-3 weeks coaching (after training)
- Ongoing support.
The must haves:
- New Zealand Citizenship, Australian Citizenship or New Zealand Permanent Residency
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability for you and your immediate family to clear police vetting
- Reliable transport to get to and from work
- Ability to work a 24/7 roster including weekends, public holidays, and night shifts.
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to help people regardless of gender, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, or faith. To better reflect New Zealand’s growing diversity, we want you to bring your background, culture, and values to work.
Have you got what it takes? If so, contact the team at Hudson for more details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org