Job Title: Business Analyst (IT)
Qualification: B. Tech(CS)/B.E./MBA / MSc /MTech+ Computer Application Diploma with minimum 6+ years of working experience with Pharmaceutical / Life science
Total Experience: 9-12 years
- Ability to elicit IT requirements from business users and manage multiple priorities and expectations from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong customer orientation skill for business user engagement and support.
- Understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies for the business (CRO industry / Pharmaceutical R&D).
- Ability to assess benefits, risks, and costs of IT initiatives.
- Strong understanding of business value and expertise in calculating ROI (Return on Investment) for IT initiatives.
- Describe and document critical cross-functional process flows. Applies business process re-engineering techniques and methods in analyzing process flow and accountability charts and create a business proposal for deployment of solution.
- Hands on experience on enterprise productivity tools (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Business case modelling, data analysis, financial management skills
- Must have an experience of leading enterprise programs / large projects and teams as part of earlier roles.
- Experience in vendor management, contract and SLA management desirable
- Relevant certifications preferred, such as CBA / CBAP / CSBA / PMP / Prince 2.
- Ability to prepare business process flow charts and knowledge on requirements management tools preferred (like Swim Lane Diagram).
- Excellent written and communication skills, business reporting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills, ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gaining insight into the business’ requirements and having good knowledge of customer outcomes is essential to develop a strong business relationship with customers
- Responsible for documenting the BRD’s and suggesting technology solutions for solving Business problems
- Assesses the needs of primary business functions and suggest technical solution for business functions and implements action plans to improve ongoing business performance to minimize day-to-day disruption of operations.
- Sets an expectation for and reviews management and key stakeholder reports. Assesses validity of business strategy recommendations against trend data.
- To provide focused and dedicated business-oriented IT improvements for the core projects across the individual Business
- Work with architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements.
- To create & maintain an existing services catalogue offered by the organization.
- To formulate, agree upon and maintain an appropriate SLM structure for the organization, to include, e.g., SLA structure (e.g. Service based, Customer based or multi-level), OLAs within the organization.
- To accommodate any existing Service Improvement Plans within the SLM process.
- To negotiate, agree and maintain the Operational Level Agreements with the Supplier.
- To negotiate and agree supplier any Service Level Requirements for any proposed new/developing services.
- Coordinate with team to manage enterprise application performance and availability to the business users.
- Understand how organizations function to meet objectives and achieve goals.
- Define the capabilities required to provide products and services to external stakeholders to provide value to the organization.
- Understanding of business processes and how solutions are deployed to operate business functions efficiently and effectively.
- To analyze and review service performance against the SLAs and OLAs.
- BRMs for dedicated centers will have additional responsibilities of Application support.