Who we are
Australian Parliament House in Canberra is the home of Australia’s Parliament and the meeting place of a nation. The unique blend of impressive architecture, a stunning art collection and beautiful landscape makes Parliament House one of our nation's most important buildings.
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) has a workforce of approximately 800 staff members, including security officers, whose role is to support the functioning of Parliament. DPS does this by providing first-class support services to parliamentarians and the Australian community through the provision of professional services, advice and facilities.
DPS recognises and values the contribution that our diverse workforce makes and in return offers great workplace benefits such as:
- free onsite car parking available
- 15.4% superannuation
- generous maternity and parental leave provisions
- family friendly conditions of service
- onsite childcare facility at APH
- a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- access to gym, pool, tennis and squash courts
- in house staff dining facilities and a coffee shop
- access to onsite banking, post office, travel agent, hairdresser and physio therapist
- salary packaging options, and
- a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
Employment Conditions - to view DPS Employment Conditions, click here
Enterprise Agreement - to view the DPS Enterprise Agreement, click here
Please note: Current DPS employees who wish to apply for a vacancy, and are logged onto the DPS network, click here.