Who we are
Australian Parliament House in Canberra is the home of Australia’s Parliament and the meeting place of a nation. The unique blend of impressive architecture, a stunning art collection and beautiful landscape makes Parliament House one of our nation's most important buildings.
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) has a workforce of approximately 1000 staff members, who support the functions of the Australian Parliament and the work of parliamentarians through the provision of professional services, advice and facilities, the ongoing maintenance of Australian Parliament House; and makes the building, and the important activity that takes place within it, accessible.
DPS recognises and values the contributions of our diverse workforce and in return offer great workplace benefits such as:
- 15.4% superannuation
- free onsite car parking available
- access to gym, pool, tennis and squash courts
- a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- generous maternity and parental leave provisions
- onsite childcare facility at APH
- a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- in house staff dining facilities and a coffee shop
- access to onsite banking, post office, travel agent, hairdresser and physio therapist
- salary packaging options, and
- a family friendly workplace environment
Employment Conditions - to view DPS Employment Conditions, click here
Enterprise Agreement - to view the DPS Enterprise Agreement, click here
Please note: Current DPS employees who wish to apply for a vacancy, and are logged onto the DPS network, click here.