- Full time 12-month contract
- Work in a great data team
- Flexible working arrangements
- $86,648 - $94,276 plus super, plus RDO
Reporting to the Applications Services Team Lead you will provide technical, operational and business support for Boroondara’s corporate databases. This is a fantastic opportunity for a serious Database Administrator with a good deal of experience under their belt and looking for their next opportunity. This position may require after hours work by mutual agreement.
- Manage all aspects of database administration, optimization, health, maintenance, security, monitoring and other BAU tasks
- Run MS SQL server related projects, advising on best practice and support change
- Develop data management solutions, using SSIS and other technologies
- Administer SQL Server database instances and provide 2nd & 3rd level support
- Provide support to applications and application upgrades & changes
- Manage performance, monitor health and check database backups and recoveries
- Improve and maintain policies, procedures and principles in relation to database administration
- Provide strategic advice for data related technologies to Boroondara’s digital transformation programs.
Skills and Experience
- Many years of dedicated MS SQL Server experience functioning as a DBA
- Proven record in maintaining database health and security
- Experience in developing data management solutions using various technologies
- Demonstrated experience in the support of applications systems and their related databases
- Excellent understanding of System & Data Integration standards.
Qualifications & Employment Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Business Information Systems, Information Technology or similar
- ITIL Qualified
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police Record Check.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online via the ‘Apply’ button by 11:59pm Sunday 19 May 2019. For any further information please refer to the Position Description, or contact Leon Grinszpan on (03) 9278 4366.
If you want to know more about the benefits of working for the City of Boroondara, please visit our Careers Website.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers. To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds. If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, some applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Additionally, some applicants may also be required to undergo a National Criminal History check and/or medical check as per the requirements of the role.
We are currently undertaking an exciting project that will see a transformation in the way we work and the way we serve our customers. Implementation of the Boroondara Customer First Program will provide a customer centric model of service delivery that includes technological innovation, process improvement and business system renewal - we value your input and look forward to our journey ahead.