Heavy Diesel Mechanic – Open Pit Maintenance
- Heavy mining machinery
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region
- $84,000 - $105,000 plus Southern Cross medical insurance
Want to work half of the year?
Working on an attractive 7 days on, 7 days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers or be there for the kids.
You already know what you will be doing as an HD mechanic, at Macraes you will repair, maintain, rebuild, service and inspect our mining fleet, machinery and other field-based equipment.
Experience as a heavy diesel mechanic with large machinery, a focus on safety, and excellent communication skills are crucial to your success in this role along with a proven ability to work under pressure and independently.
Want to know more about what it is like working for OceanaGold? View
So, what’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Southern Cross medical insurance for you and subsidised for your partner and children living at home
- Training and development
- Bus service between Dunedin and the mine site.
You will bring with you:
- A trade qualification in heavy automotive engineering
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience in mechanical repairs, maintenance and field service of heavy mining machinery in open pit environments on large mining excavators, trucks, drills rigs, graders, dozers and other ancillary equipment
- Ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; overhead gantry and non-slewing crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- The ability to work independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- A high standard of safety
- Hold a full, clean, current driver’s licence and confident driving a manual vehicle
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and a smoke-free worksite.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 216 April 2019
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED