Environmental Land Technician
· Monday to Friday
· A role to help you stay fit and active year round
· Southern Cross medical insurance provided
Our close-knit Environmental team at our Macraes operation are seeking a motivated individual who loves the outdoors to join them as the Environmental Land Technician.
Reporting to the Environmental Supervisor, you would be implementing and supporting initiatives for managing all aspects associated with land management. Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred, and this would suit someone that wants to further their career and gain experience in a widely varied role.
Hours of work are 7am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Conduct surveillance monitoring of mining operations and exploration activities
· Assist in the collection of baseline data from exploration sites
· Conduct environmental rehabilitation activities
· Conduct weed and pest control around rehabilitated areas and covenants
· Undertake and support maintenance of grounds and assets.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Experience of rehabilitation activities, and weed and pest management
· Practical experience with equipment maintenance would be an advantage
· Strong focus on safety and ability to follow strict quality control procedures
A full, clean and current driving licence is essential. You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 14 January 2019
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Shortlisting of candidates will commence immediately