Our Information Services team has an exciting opportunity for a talented IT professional in the permanent, full time role of Business Support Analyst.
Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Lead, you will work with users to identify potential improvements to business processes and systems. You will also provide technical direction of the Council’s core systems, as well as implementing new projects.
To be successful in this role you will have a tertiary qualification in information technology or a related discipline, the ability to understand and document complex business processes and experience in configuring and supporting ERP systems.
You must be comfortable managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines and applying logic and creativity to resolve problems while always maintaining a high standard of work.
At NPDC we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. You can expect to start in this role with us between $66,412 - $72,314. We have put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition. The NPDC Total Rewards Framework provides a diverse range of opportunities and benefits for our staff.
We can offer you this amazing opportunity in the Taranaki region. New Plymouth combines a vibrant, bustling and safe city centre with easy access to amazing natural resources. Whether it’s the great surf, climbing our majestic mountain, walking hundreds of kilometres of track or strolling along our award-winning coastal walkway, New Plymouth has something for you.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for then we would love to hear from you!
Applications close 22 November 2018
POSITION: Business Support Analyst
JOB LEVEL: Team member
REPORTS TO: IS Solutions Delivery Lead
GROUP: Business Performance
Working with users to identify potential improvements to business processes and systems.
Technical leadership of Council’s core systems, implementing new projects, mentoring junior team members.
- Integrated - All Council users of core systems
- External - Public who use Council systems, vendors and suppliers
- Provide advice and support to users who are seeking to improve existing processes and systems and ensure that they are well supported.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the relevant business processes and the capabilities, limitations and configuration of Core Systems.
- Work with Solutions / Enterprise Architects to ensure that systems remain fit for purpose and fit for use.
- Assist with solutions for business transformation initiatives and the development of integrated solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with system providers so that issues referred to them are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance processes are addressed and adhered to
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Developed annually and form part of performance and team plans
- Works collaboratively with others to enhance and/or develop team performance.
- Works collaboratively and professionally with business units.
- Communicates in an effective manner. Has the ability to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates problem solving capabilities.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own actions and day to day decision making.
- Effective performance and delivery within a political environment.
- Maintains cultural awareness and keeps up to date with issues affecting the community.
- Sets high standards of performance for self
- Tertiary qualification in information technology or related discipline.
- Ability to understand and document complex business processes.
- Experience in configuring and supporting ERP systems, preferably with knowledge of Technology One.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including SharePoint.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and an understanding of software life-cycles and development practices.
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of work to tight deadlines whilst handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to reason logically and creatively and use a variety of analytical techniques to resolve problems.
Community………. At the centre of everything we do
Kotahitanga……….A sense and an action of unity
Creativity………… We create positive experiences
Excellence……….. We have pride in what we do