Here at Ballance Agri-Nutrients we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and physically fit person to join us as an Acid Plant Assistant, at our operation in Mount Maunganui. The Acid Plant process involves the manufacture of sulphuric acid, boiler operation and steam turbine generator for power production. Our acid is used for fertilizer manufacture, and also throughout New Zealand in a range of Industrial processes.
The role is a permanent full-time, shift work role where you will be employed on a 4 on 4 off rotating 12 hour shift roster.
You will have a high level of understanding and proactive attitude to Environment protection, and a Health & Safety focus in a chemical/heavy equipment industry. You will have a passion to offer exceptional service to both external and internal customers, while performing a range of activities on a variety of equipment used in the manufacture of sulphuric acid.
- Assisting with the Acid Plant operational duties
- Ensure all regulatory compliance standards are met, while maintaining personnel safety and protecting the environment
- Plan, organise, and provide quality control for work being performed in the Acid Plant
- Continually seek ways to improve manufacturing in the Acid Plant
- Writing and/or amending operation procedures
Additionally, you will be in the prime position to develop your skills towards a shift engineer career pathway. We have the equipment, people and knowhow – you bring the attitude and drive.
To be successful, you will have:
- Previous experience in process plant operation
- Ability to work shift work
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- W Endorsement for Front End Loader operation
- Fitness and agility
- A commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Good, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relates well to others and contribute to a positive team environment
In addition to the above, Enchem L3 would be advantageous.
In return you will receive a competitive salary plus additional benefits!
Applications Close: 29 July 2019