Countdown is a great New Zealand Company providing our customers with quality, range and value. We are built on a passion for retail, dedication and a commitment to making our customers experience more enjoyable every time. Countdown Supermarkets is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic person for the role of Dispensing Technician.
This is a Full time role
Tuesday - 9:00am to 3:30pm, Wednesday - 12:00pm to 8:00pm, Thursday - 9:00am to 4:00pm, Friday and Saturday - 9:00am to 8:00pm
• To assist the charge Pharmacist with the labelling and dispensing of medicines to the final accuracy and clinical check stage.
• To provide healthcare advice and product recommendations to customers in line with great customer service principles
• To serve customers, refill and maintain Pharmacy fixtures.
• To ensure that store shelves are well stocked and the shop is clean, tidy and safe in accordance with company standards at all times.
Key responsibilities include:
• To assist customers of both the Pharmacy and the host Countdown store with their queries and product choices.
• Deliver the highest possible standards of merchandising and display within the Pharmacy area, to reflect the professional nature of the operation and enhance the customer shopping experience.
• Ensure that all Prescription only, Restricted and Pharmacy only medicines are sourced only from approved suppliers and are stored and sold only from within the registered Pharmacy area.
• To receive Pharmacy orders and check goods against delivery notes for accuracy, expiry dates and damages.
• To put stock away diligently and accurately, recognizing good stock rotation principles and adhere to Plannograms produced for Countdown Pharmacy
• Complete general Pharmacy tasks as directed by the Pharmacy Manager, Charge Pharmacist or Pharmacy Business Manager.
• Participate fully in health campaigns that are either instigated locally by the DHB or other healthcare body or approved by the GDL Rx No1 Ltd. Company Board.
• Run AutostockR routines as requested by the Pharmacy Manager
• Ensure all initiatives meet appropriate statutory and other requirements
• To complete any Assignments, Project Work or tasks as directed/ assigned by your manager.
• To ensure the promotion of safe work practises and adherence to Company Health and Safety policies and procedures. All health and safety concerns, and all accidents, must be reported to the Departmental manager who, in turn, must report the same to the Health and Safety Department.
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
• Registered Technician with level 5 dispensing technician accreditation
• Dispensary experience within a retail Pharmacy
• Customer Service skills
• Sales experience
• Customer Centric
• Organisation skills
• Effective Communicator and Detail Conscious
• Proactive and Self motivated
• Strong relationship building skills
• Able to work autonomously and take responsibility for own workload
• Team player
At Countdown, safety is a core value - countdown to zero is our mission of zero harm to our people, environment and community.