- Challenging & rewarding permanent full-time role based in Orange/Bathurst
- Have influence - Be part of OOHC leadership team providing support our Youth Support Workers
- Join our for-purpose organisation & make an impact in the lives of young people
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional OOHC Team
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on your career in Community Services in a leadership role
- Development! - Buddy shifts, behaviour support, online training, leadership…... just to name a few.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager OOHC, the Coordinator OOHC provides leadership and management to a support team that is enabled to promote the dignity of Children and Young People and support them to develop their potential. Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Daily service management ensuring high level of quality, achievement of standards, legislative requirements, service provision, and staffing in their area of responsibility.
- Provision of supervision to allocated Support Leaders and Youth Support Workers.
- Supporting the process of recruitment and induction for Youth Support Workers.
- Supporting the achievement of quality accreditation through the development, dissemination and review of procedures and participation in internal and external audits.
- Sourcing and developing therapeutic and appropriate intervention frameworks and practices – Adhering to the LiveBetter’s Model of Practice for Intensive Therapeutic Care (Residential).
- Ensuring complaints are managed where appropriate or directed to appropriate manager in accordance with organisational policy
- Adhering to all applicable finance policies and procedures and acting within the framework of budgeting considerations and constraints appropriate for position delegations.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with key external disability and other service providers, including professional networks to facilitate quality service delivery.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist young persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Demonstrated understanding of current casework practice for children and young people, people with a disability or people with a mental health issue.
- Tertiary qualfications in Human Services or related discpline or equivalent releveant experience.
- Experience in the co-ordination and management of 24-hour residential services for vulnerable people.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with complex and challenging situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality case plans or individual plans that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously in carrying out agreed case plans, or individual plans, for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in case management.
- High level organisation and time management skills, which includes the ability to reorganise work priorities to meet changing demands.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage crises and critical issues.
- Current drivers licence.
- Current first aid qualification.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Applications that do not provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses the required selection criteria may not be considered during shortlisting
Closing date: 11:59pm Sunday 16 December 2018
Enquiries: Shane Rayner, Senior Manager OOHC 0417 693 768
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace