- Fixed term full time role based in Orange
- Leadership role – Coordinate services, supports and lead a team of nursing staff
- Join our growing for purpose organisation & make an impact in the lives of people living with a disability
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Disability Clinical services team.
- Satisfaction! - Key role in coordinating clinical support to improve the care & health outcomes for our customers, including training & mentoring of our staff
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits & above award salary
- Opportunity - Role model, advocate, facilitate change & lead!!
About the Role
The Residential Unit Nurse Manager leads and manages quality client nursing and support services consistent with the Disability Inclusion Act, 2014 and LiveBetter policies and procedures for supporting people living with a disability. Core responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring services are in line with current support service philosophy which promotes improvement in quality of life and fosters independence for people with disability who have a range of functional abilities and complex needs.
- Direct, co-ordinate, support & supervise nursing staff activities.
- Undertake clinical services, budget control and monitoring, human and other resource management.
- Co-ordinate the provision of catering and transport services to meet client needs.
- Co-ordinate and review person centred individual / lifestyle plans, assisting in managing complex stakeholder issues; monitor and coach management and staff with complex client matters.
- Assist in assessments and reviews of overall performance, undertaking analysis, observation, investigation, interviews and audits as required.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent including holding a current Registered Nurse (RN) registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- 5 years nursing experience.
- Knowledge or experience in the provision of support services to people with a disability.
- Excellent communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Management skills, including human resources and financial management skills to effectively manage organisational resources.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation impacting on human services delivery, particularly disability services.
- Leadership skills to successfully manage, encourage and develop a team of individuals with differing skill levels.
- Computer skills, including the use of standard computer applications, for efficient use of systems.
- Current Drivers Licence.
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and NSW Working with Children Check
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Sunday 16 December 2018
Enquiries: Jodie Smith, Manager Specialist Supported Living 0418 217 439
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace