- Casual Home Care Worker roles available in the Orange area
- Aged Care Qualifications not essential – We will train the right people in our Clinical Care Competencies
- Be rewarded – Support our customers in your community to live full and rewarding lives
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Aged Community Care Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Training – We will provide you with training in our Clinical Care Competencies.
- Satisfaction! – The opportunity to say, ‘I made a difference to somebody’s life today’
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on or begin your career in Community Services in an exciting period of growth for our organisation.
About the Role
Working as a Home Care Worker you will help to enhance the independence and quality of life of our customers. You will assist customers to maintain their independence in a community setting and provide ongoing domestic, personal and social support to people living in the community. This includes:
- Assisting with personal care needs – this may include toileting, bathing, showering, oral hygiene and other personal hygiene needs.
- Assisting with cooking, food preparation and meal planning.
- Performing domestic duties such as (but not limited to) vacuuming, laundry, general cleaning, dusting, washing dishes, cleaning windows, cleaning carpets, making beds, basic home and garden maintenance.
- Providing transport to medical appointments, social engagements, shopping (including assisting with shopping) and other outings as required.
In addition to this you will need to undertake and pass as part of your role LiveBetter’s Clinical Care Competencies Training and other mandatory training.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist aged, frail and disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Willingness to undertake personal care (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene) services with customers.
- Willingness to undertake and ability to pass LiveBetter Clinical Care Core Competencies training and other mandatory training.
- Availability of a fully registered and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A caring and compassionate approach with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and approach to meet the needs of our customers.
- Experience in the use of technology such as smart phones and computer programs.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Closing date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Enquiries: Damian Brand - Recruitment Advisor: 6394 8309
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace