- Permanent Part Time Role, based at our Manildra Preschool
- Be challenged - Play a lead role in ensuring the continuing success of the Manildra Preschool, a key and vital resource to the local community
- Provide high quality early childhood education and care to children
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are out greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! - Build on your career as an Early Childhood Educator and have access to career progression and training opportunities.
- Support! - From an experienced early childhood sector specialist, who will provide coaching and mentoring.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Enrichment! - Join a dynamic and professional team of caring a passionate people as part of the Child & Family Services team and play a pivotal role in building the resilience, capacity and capability of our communities.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
About the Role
LiveBetter Preschools have a reputation for empowering their communities and for providing supportive, inclusive, and positive learning environments. As the Teacher you will assist to oversee the operations of the service and lead, guide and support a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children. Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Developing relationships that support and partner with families and the community;
- Ensuring the service is compliant with the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations and other relevant legislation;
- Assisting in ensuring that the policies of the organisation are implemented;
- Assisting in ensuring the organisation’s Quality Improvement Plan is implemented and that the organisation works towards exceeding the National Quality Standard for Early Education and Care; and
- Assisting in ensuring that the service and staff acts on the organisation’s commitment to continuous improvement wherever possible.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Bachelor of Education – Early Childhood, or equivalent.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Statement of Attainment for the course ‘Identify and Respond to Children and your People at Risk of Harm’ CHCCHILD1B or CHCCHILD1C.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Evidence of Early Childhood Teacher accreditation with BOSTES (Board of Studies Teacher and Educational Standards NSW)
- Proven ability implementing the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards in practice, along with developing and implementing a play-based curriculum.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation including Child Protection and WH&S and ensuring compliance with LiveBetter policies and procedures.
- Ability to assist to manage day to day operations of the centre including administrative/financial, mentoring, coaching and leading staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing you to build and maintain relationships with children, staff, families and the community.
- Previous experience working in a Community Base Preschool.
- Undertake and pass a National Criminal Check.
- Undertake and pass a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
- Undertake and pass a working with children check.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Enquiries: Peter Callaghan – 0448 248 379