- Fixed Term Part Time role until December 2019 – Based in Orange
- Aboriginal Identified role - develop relationships & partner with families in your community
- Enjoy a work/life balance working 3 days per week
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! – Build on your career and have access to career progression and training opportunities.
- Support! – Be part of a dedicated and well-supported team who are passionate about providing a high level of services to our customers.
- Enrichment! - Join a dynamic and professional team of caring and passionate people as part of the Child & Family Services team and play a pivotal role in building the resilience, capacity and capability of our communities.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making an impact in the lives of the children and their families.
About the Role
The role of Aboriginal Families as Teachers Facilitator will facilitate the running of Aboriginal Families as Teachers program. Some key accountabilities of the position include:
- Developing relationships that support and partner with families and the Community;
- Ensuring that the policies of the organisation are implemented;
- Ensuring that the service and staff act on the organisation’s commitment to continuous improvement wherever possible.
- Develop play based educational program to support Aboriginal families and their children
- Document learning outcomes of program
You will be motivated and will thrive working as part of a caring and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for you if you are passionate about assisting to provide high quality education, guidance and care within your community.
To be successful in this role you will be able to satisfy the following selection criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with Aboriginal families in an early childhood environment.
- Minimum of Certificate 111 in Children Services or equivalent OR equivalent relevant experience
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- High level communication skills allowing you to build relationships with staff, families, and the community
- Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised by s14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Applicants must demonstrate they have:
- Proof of Aboriginality
- Be accepted and identified as Aboriginal and
- Demonstrate active membership within the Aboriginal Community
- Previous experience in the early childhood development, playgroup environments and parenting/family programs.
- Undertake and pass a national criminal check.
- Undertake and pass a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
- Undertake and pass a working with children check.
How to Apply
To apply for this role you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Enquiries: Kim Gray – 0428 727 265
LiveBetter is a smoke free workplace