- Brand new permanent full time role – influence & take ownership!!
- Based within our People & Culture team in Orange – facilitate employee management & industrial relations functions across our organisation
- Join our for purpose organisation during an exciting growth phase – be part of making an impact in the lives of our customers
LiveBetter are a regionally based Community Services provider operating across NSW & QLD. We are currently experiencing a very exciting growth phase and are seeking an experienced Workplace Relations Manager to champion our Industrial Relations function across our diverse organisation.
About the role
With the growth we are experiencing we have identified the need for a Workplace Relations Manager to provide key direction for LiveBetter’s workplace relations function. This a key leadership role within our People & Culture leadership team and accordingly is being offered an attractive remuneration package.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, People & Culture the role provides leadership and high-level advice on employee and industrial relations services and related activities across our diverse and geographically dispersed organisation. Scope includes management of investigations, communications and legal matters with
some key responsibilities of the role being:
- Functioning as point of expertise for employee/industrial relations issues arising which may involve issues with a potentially broader organisational impact.
- Contribute to the development of broad workforce strategy, policy and decision making.
- Promote approved LiveBetter employee and industrial relations policies, practices and procedures to
- Develop and manage networks internally and externally to manage industrial relations functions and effective union/association consultation and relationships.
- Developing an understanding and acceptance by managers of their employee and industrial relations accountabilities and assisting and developing them to exercise the authority, skill, knowledge and experience necessary to fulfil them.
- Effectively managing all employment related tribunal cases for LiveBetter and work with retained or contracted legal teams protecting the reputation of LiveBetter.
We would love to hear from you if you enjoy a challenge and can bring the following key skills, qualifications and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent and extensive professional experience in employee and industrial relations management functions in a large organisation which will include a sound knowledge of the legislative and regulative requirements relating to human resources and ER/IR management in the Community Services sector.
- A track record of delivery in the areas of planning and delivering of employee relations initiatives and ability to lead, motivate and gain the commitment of others in achieving an employee and industrial relations focus responsive to contemporary issues.
- Extensive experience in providing expert technical and specialised strategic ER/IR advice and consultancy services at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of managing highly contentious people issues effectively together with strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Current Australian Driver’s licence with the ability to travel if required.
For a full explanation of this role and its requirements please refer to the Position Description provided on our website (click apply now on SEEK and you will be directed to our website).
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment health & wellness check including drug and alcohol screening
Sounds great? What next?
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please provide a resume that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements for this role. As part of your application, can you also please provide a cover letter of maximum three pages that address the following two targeted questions:
- Please provide an account of when you have lead industrial relations management functions in a large, complex and geographically dispersed organisation. What did you find the main challenges of this role to be?
- Please describe a time when you were required to lead, motivate and gain the commitment of others in achieving a successful employee and industrial relations focus responsive to the needs of that organisation? What were the key factors that you would identify as to why the outcome was successful?
Closing date: 11.59pm, Monday 28 January 2019
Enquiries: Nerissa Marat, General Manager People & Culture 0418 163 679
Orange…. What can it offer me?
Experience Orange, explore the best of country charm & hospitality, stunning scenery, beautiful wineries & delicious food. Orange offers the full spectrum for balanced lifestyle choices… It has everything you need including:
- Easy commute!! No traffic…. Lots of places to park your car!
- Outstanding health & medical facilities (not that we hope you will need these!!)
- 3.5 hours from Sydney CBD, 3 hours from Canberra
- Direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane from our airport
- Relaxed lifestyle with a real community feel
- Facilities & Shopping – Major retailers, gorgeous boutiques, cafes, farmers market, art gallery, library, museum, indoor aquatic centre, beautiful parks and public spaces...... too much to list!
Look here: https://brandorange.com.au/orange-nsw/visit-the-orange-region-guide/
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit: