- Seeking community transport drivers for a casual on call pool in the Lithgow area
- Provide safe school transport services for children living with a disability
- C class Australian Drivers Licence required (transport will be provided in a sedan or small minivan)
- Flexible availability required during school terms for both the morning & afternoon school run, sometimes with short notice
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Community Transport team
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – The opportunity to really say ‘I made someone’s day’.
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on or begin your career in Community Transport services in an exciting period of growth for our organisation.
About the Role
Working as Community Transport Service Officer you will help to enhance the independence and quality of life of our customers. You will assist young people living with a disability travel to and from school safely each day by providing door to school transport services.
The roles are casual on call, sometimes with short notice and operate Monday to Friday within school term time only. Flexible availability is required to work both the morning and afternoon school runs during school term time. Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Provide assistance to customers accessing the vehicle and ensure safe delivery into the facility they are attending or to their own home.
- Assist customers with shopping, baggage and/or mobility aids.
- Use of technology including Electronic Tablets (run sheets, rosters & customer jobs will be accessed via a mobile Electronic Tablet in each vehicle), mobile smart phones and computers (to access emails).
- Ensuring designated schedules/routes are followed and customers are collected in a timely manner.
- Applying local community knowledge in day to day transport duties with back up by a GPS system if required.
- Completion of record sheets of passenger trips and data (both written & electronic).
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Proven safe driving record.
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to be compassionate and patient.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Sound time management and organisational skills allowing you to run on time and follow a designated schedule.
- Ability and willingness to use technology such as smart phones, electronic tablets and computer programs.
- Basic administrative skills allowing you to complete documentation, collect money & issue receipts.
- Availability to be rostered for shifts during the day Monday to Friday each week.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Experience in dealing with persons who are frail, aged and/or disabled.
- Current First Aid certificate.
- Previous experience in similar roles such as a Community Service/Transport Driver or Passenger Vehicle Driver is not essential but would be highly regarded.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Closing date: Sunday 17 February 2019
Enquiries: Blake Bender, Team Leader Community Transport - 0447 584 170