- Provide outstanding, educational & fun vacation & after school care for school aged children
- New year, new role? Join our not for profit organisation & make a real difference
- Certificate III qualification OR working towards Diploma in Children Services
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! - Build on your career in children’s services and have access to career progression and training opportunities.
- Support! - From an experienced centre Director who will provide coaching and mentoring.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Enrichment! - Join a dynamic and professional team of caring a passionate people as part of our greater Child & Family Services team.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
About the Role
LiveBetter Child & Family Services have a reputation for empowering their communities and providing supportive, inclusive, and positive learning environments. We are seeking enthusiastic Educators to work with school aged children in our Outside School Hours Care programs. Roles are being offered on a casual basis.
Blackwater Early Learning Centre and Out of School Hours Care commence operations in January 2018, from the Blackwater North Primary school. A centre Director is responsible for the oversight of the Centre, including outside school hours care. Vacation care programs run during gazetted QLD school term breaks and generally close for a two-week period over the Christmas break. Outside school care is generally operational between 2.30pm and 6pm during gazetted QLD school term time.
For further information about the role please refer to the attached Position Description.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Minimum Cert III qualification in Children’s Services
- Ability to interact well with children and build positive relationships with families.
- Availability across both or either afternoons and weekdays during term break and school holidays.
- Work history that demonstrates reliability, motivation, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Understanding of and commitment to Work Health & Safety and to ensuring a safe environment for children.
- Current certification for first aid, CPR, Asthma management and Anaphylaxis Management or willingness to obtain.
- Desire to work with children and demonstrate capacity to enhance their experience in vacation/out of school hours care.
- Australian Drivers Licence.
- Understanding of the national Quality Framework – My Place My time, and its application with the service environment.
- Diploma Early childhood or working towards
You will be also required to undertake and pass a national criminal history check, pre-employment health & wellness check (including drug & alcohol screening) and currently possess, or be willing to obtain, a positive notice Blue Card in accordance with the working with children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Sunday 15th February 2019
Enquiries: Regina Walker – Centre Director: 0436 683 837