- Permanent full time role based in Orange – Monday to Friday role (no shift work!!)
- Community based leadership role – Coordinate services, supports, manage a case load and lead a team of nursing staff
- Join our growing for purpose organisation & make an impact in the lives of people living with a disability
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Disability Clinical services team.
- Satisfaction! - Key role in coordinating clinical support to improve the care & health outcomes for our customers, including training & mentoring of our staff
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits & above award salary
- Opportunity - Role model, advocate, facilitate change & lead!!
About the Role
The Clinical Nurse Consultant leads a team of clinical specialist staff responsible for the clinical interventions for our customers with complex needs. The position is also consults with key stakeholders to ensure quality outcomes in healthcare planning and healthcare management of customers of LiveBetter, whilst contributing to the assurance and improvement of the quality and safety of client services at LiveBetter. Some core responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with staff to develop and conduct general and focused health assessments for new customers, develop comprehensive health care plans for customers with complex health needs.
- Provide high quality clinical interventions to customers with complex needs.
- Develop and promote preventative approaches to customer health care with an emphasis on early intervention and education.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of staff induction and training programs in areas of healthcare.
- Participate as required in audit preparation and processes towards quality assurance and quality improvement of customer services.
- Manage a caseload of customers who present with complex healthcare needs, and support their carers/families where relevant.
- Assess customer needs and develop and monitor healthcare plans for people with complex needs, in consultation with the customer, their family, clinical staff and other relevant providers.
- Support and empower customers to maintain optimal health.
- Provide clinical support and supervision to designated Support Workers and Nursing staff to ensure appropriate and high-quality service.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Bachelor Degree in Applied Health Science (Nursing) or equivalent.
- Current registration with the Nurses and Midwives Board of NSW as a Registered Nurse.
- A thorough working knowledge of contemporary clinical nursing practices and a high level of clinical expertise in working with people with a disability with complex needs and/or the frail aged incorporating more specialised intervention strategies.
- Established leadership skills in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with sound interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in coaching and mentoring.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Post Graduate qualifications in a relevant health field.
- Qualifications in Workplace Training and Assessment.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and NSW Working with Children Check
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Sunday 24 February 2019
Enquiries: Nigel Greer, Acting General Manager Disability Services (02) 63948369
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace