- You choose – Enjoy the security of permanent part time or the flexibility of casual work based in Dubbo
- Provide support & care to Children & Young People in Out of Home Care services
- Minimum Cert III in Community services required, or the willingness to obtain in first twelve months
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Out of Home Care Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – The opportunity to say ‘I made a difference to somebody’s life today’.
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on or begin your career in Community Services in an exciting period of growth for our organisation.
- Training! - Buddy shifts, induction, behaviour support, online training…... just to name a few.
About the Role
Youth Support Workers provide support to Children and Young People in Out of Home Care (OOHC) services. Our OOHC services operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and provide support, care and a safe environment for young people with a disability and/or complex and challenging behaviours. You will provide support in the areas of development of personal/life skills, recreational/leisure activities and education to meet the individual needs of young people living in our out of home care accommodation services.
Some core responsibilities for this position include:
- Developing and maintaining quality outcomes for client living in Therapeutic Residential Care.
- Assisting with the administrative responsibility of the service.
- Supporting and establishing rapport with Children and Young People living in OOHC residential services.
- Assisting in the delivery of programs that facilitate the client’s development and inclusion in the community.
- Assisting in the provision of services for children and young people without regard for ethnic background, race, gender, disability, religious beliefs and sexual preference.
- Liaising with parents, friends, families and guardians of children and young people.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Certificate III in Community Services or related field or the willingness to obtain in the first 12 months.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Commitment to improving the quality of life, skills and independence of Children and Young People.
- Understanding of Restrictive Practice Policy and Behavioural Support Plan implementation.
- Knowledge of local service providers.
- Understanding of the Out of Home Care Standards.
- Tertiary qualifications in the Community Services Sector or equivalent.
- Understanding of trauma informed practice and how it relates to young people in Residential Care.
- Experience in the OOHC sector including Residential Care.
- Flexibility to be rostered across day, night and weekend shifts.
- Willingness and capability to attend training and buddy shifts in Orange.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, Working with Children Check and pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume
Applications that do not provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses the required selection criteria may not be considered during shortlisting
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Enquiries: Ryan O’Grady – Support Coordinator OOHC – 0427 202 404
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace