- Fixed term, part-time role based in Gin Gin QLD - 37.5 hours per fortnight
- Make a real difference - join our community based not for profit organisation
- Help those in regional and remote locations access the Department of Human Services via self-service or other digital/online methods.
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives.
We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! – Build on your experience in customer service
- Support! – Backing from an experienced & passionate Community Services team.
- $$$! – Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – Assist and encourage customers to access and engage in the use of DHS digital and online services.
About the Role
The primary objective of the Centrelink Customer Service Officer is to provide referral and assistance for Department of Human Services (DHS) customers in regional and remote areas.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Meeting and greeting all customers attending the Agent site, in accordance with the Process Map.
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that DHS self-service facilities on site are operational and accessible to the community.
- Using the Department’s Silver Service to assist in the escalation of customers issues.
- Assist customers by checking claim forms that cannot be lodged online and support them to lodge via the Document Lodgement Service.
- Assist customers to become aware of their rights, obligations and complaint mechanism by providing prescribed material.
- Refer customers to translating and interpreting services as appropriate.
What we need from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Enthusiasm for providing superior customer service, with sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound level of computing skills in a variety of applications and online service.
- Ability to learn about and guide others in the use of Departmental digital services, as prescribed in documented process guides.
- Ability to apply culturally appropriate behaviours when dealing with customers.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of services provided by the Department of Human Services and/or experience in the community services sector.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and obtain a QLD Blue Card.
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: Sunday 28th April 2019
Enquiries: Sharon Swift – (07) 4994 2553
LiveBetter is a smoke free workplace