- Fixed term, full time role through until September 2020, based in Monto QLD
- Make a real difference - join our community based not for profit organisation
- Be Inspired – Love your job & be part of the great things we do in our communities
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives.
We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! – Build on your experience in customer service
- Support! – Backing from an experienced & passionate Community Services team.
- $$$! – Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – Assist our customers to obtain the services that best suit their individual needs.
About the Role
The primary objective of this position is to facilitate rural youth development activities which aim to build relationships with young people between the ages of 10 and 25 years who are at risk of disconnection. This service operates within Monto with an outreach service to Eidsvold. This role acts as a source of information, advice and referral pathways to other services and agencies whilst providing a holistic approach in assisting and supporting young people.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Facilitate and foster the provision of information, advice, advocacy, support work and referrals accurately and aligned with best practice, ensuring legislative and regulatory processes are explained.
- Provider high quality services within LiveBetter’s philosophies, policies, service agreements and funding allocations and guidelines.
- Proactively build and maintain positive and professional relationships with young people and service providers through collaboration, participation, respect that supports confidentiality and cultural sensitivity.
- Plan, develop and deliver a range of rural youth programs and services to facilitate development initiatives and solutions.
- Enhance networks via appropriate methods of engagement within the community encouraging participation, education, awareness and understanding of issues that young people encounter.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with community members, customers, families, carers, external service providers, stakeholders and internally with managers and other staff members, whilst ensuring best possible organisational outcomes and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Conduct risk assessments for program development, off-site activities and support.
- Participate in training and professional development activities to maintain and develop competencies to ensure that service delivery is of high quality and consistent with contemporary evidence-based practice and organisational objectives.
What we need from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Knowledge of a large range of regional and remote rural youth services, including understanding of issues and barriers facing young people living in remote and rural communities.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions, assess and develop support programs based on individual and youth group’s needs, and connect or provide referral pathways to other support services.
- Excellent communication skills capable of reaching a diverse audience, building rapport whilst being sensitive to individual needs, as well as the ability to write a case notes and reports.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate and utilise a variety of community and government service portals, as well as use LiveBetter internal software packages.
- Driver’s licence.
- Certificate or Diploma level qualification in Youth Work or similar.
- Previous experience within regional, remote or rural communities.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and obtain a QLD Blue Card.
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Enquiries: Tammy Parfitt – Acting Community Services Co-Ordinator: (07) 4994 2508
LiveBetter is a smoke free workplace