- Enjoy a work/life balance working 2 days a week
- Do you have a Diploma in Early Childhood Education?
- Are you prepared to make a real difference to young people’s lives?
- Do you want to be challenged? – play a key role in ensuring the continued success of Mullion Creek Preschool
About LiveBetter Community Services
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So what can we offer you?
- Opportunity! - Build on your career as an Early Childhood Educator and have access to career progression and training opportunities.
- Support! - From an experienced early childhood sector specialist, who will provide coaching and mentoring.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Enrichment! - Join a dynamic and professional team of caring a passionate people as part of the Child & Family Services team and play a pivotal role in building the resilience, capacity and capability of our communities.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making a difference in the lives of the children and their families.
About the Role
LiveBetter Preschools have a reputation for empowering their communities and providing supportive, inclusive, and positive learning environments. We are seeking a Diploma Trained Educator to work at our Mullion Creek Pre-school, providing high quality early childhood education and care to children.
Some duties of the role will include:
- Develop strong relationships with children at the service;
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community;
- Assist in implementing the policies and associated procedures of the organisation;
- Contribute toward continuous improvement in all areas of the service’s operations.
- Attend Professional Development opportunities and Pre-School Meeting during Term Break or when advised by Management.
- Mentor and coach lower graded staff.
The role also has further responsibilities as outlined by the National Quality Framework.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, you will need:
- Diploma in Children’s Services.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management training.
- Current Statement of Attainment for the course ‘Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk’ CHCCHILD1B or CHCCHILD1C.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing you to build and maintain relationships with children, staff, families and the community.
- Experience working within the Early Childhood Sector preferably in a Community based preschool.
- Demonstrated experience in program delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience working with children with additional needs.
- Undertake and pass a National Criminal Check.
- Undertake and pass a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
- Undertake and pass a working with children check.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Enquiries: Peter Callaghan – 0448 248 379