- Enjoy the security of permanent part time work based in the Rockhampton area
- Provide support & care to our customers to assist in developing their potential
- Disability Services experience preferred but not mandatory - we will train the right people in our Disability Care Competencies
- Join our for-purpose organisation & make an impact in the lives of our customers
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Disability Services Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! - The opportunity to really say "I made a difference to someone's day".
- Opportunity! - A chance to build on or begin your career in community services
- Training! - Buddy shifts, clinical care competencies, behaviour support, online training... just to name a few.
About the Role
Support Workers provide direct customer care which aims to promote the dignity of our customers and support them to develop their potential. You may be required to work with customers one-on-one, in home, or in a group basis and at times alongside other Support Workers to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Delivery of services that promote the dignity, independence and empowerment of customers.
- Provide domestic assistance, personal care, respite, respite & transport as required.
- Support customers in their chosen program to progress toward their individual goals and ensure they meet their requirements under their NDIS plan.
- Adhering to the documented and approved care plans.
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of customers in accordance with privacy legislation, policies and procedures during and beyond the period of employment.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, you will need:
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (including current CPR qualification)
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Willingness to undertake personal care (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene) services with our customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Availability of a registered and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Experience in the use of technology such as smart phones and computer programs.
- Possess a Disability Services prescribed notice (yellow card) or have proof that a Working with Children (blue card) application with yellow card exemption has been lodged with Blue Card Services.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and approach with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Certificate III in Disability, Welfare, Individual Support or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar role
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- An up to date copy of your resume
Closing date: Wednesday 24th July 2019
Enquiries: Tennille Weigand – (07) 4994 2570
LiveBetter is a Smoke Free Workplace