- Flexible location - Permanent full-time brand new role based in either Orange or Dubbo
- Create, manage and lead a cohesive team of roster support staff who are distributed across our service regions
- Join our for purpose organisation – be part of making an impact in the lives of our customers
LiveBetter are a regionally based Community Services provider operating across NSW & QLD. Following the amalgamation of many organisations we are focusing on the consolidation of our capabilities to ensure that our operational teams are best equipped to provide quality services to the people we support in our communities.
Supported by the Head of Business Services, this is where the Rostering Services Manager will play a key role – providing support to our staff and customers, leading a team of roster support staff, ensuring standardised, efficient and effective rostering services across our Disability, Out of Home Care and Aged Care services.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Services, the Rostering Services Manager (RSM) is responsible for the management and leadership of rostering support staff across our Disability, Out of Home Care and Aged Care services. The role has a significant leadership component, being responsible for creating, managing and leading a cohesive team of roster support staff, who are distributed within our services regions. In addition, the RSM works collaboratively with Heads of Operations and other relevant management staff to inform workforce planning. The role ensures rosters appropriately match staff with customers and labour productivity is optimised by maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of scheduling.
Core responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensuring standardised, efficient and effective Rostering services, optimising economies of scale.
- Minimising disruption to customers, other staff and services due to last minute unplanned changes.
- Scheduling staff fairly and equitably and in accordance with awards.
- Reducing the number of employment condition breaches and incompatibilities.
- Ensuring only Support Workers with current licences and requisite training are rostered.
- Optimising the meeting of customer preference requests for Support Workers.
- Improving Support Worker satisfaction with rostering practices.
We would love to hear from you if you possess qualifications in community service, management, business, human resources and/or equivalent relevant transferable experience in any of these areas. You will also have proven skills and experience in a rostering or scheduling role with demonstrated high level experience in the use of electronic information management systems. To be successful in this role, you will also have these key skills:
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply Award & Legislative requirements.
- High level problem solving and analytical skill allowing the ability to develop rosters across multiple industrial Awards and information system platforms.
- High level organisational and time management skills, which includes the ability to reorganise work priorities to meet changing demands.
- High level written and verbal communication ability including influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution ability along with the capacity to engage with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a diverse team, manage staff performance and build solid relationships.
It would be an extra bonus if you have previous experience in a similar role working in a community services and/or disability/aged services environment, along with knowledge and understanding of the care needs of people living with a disability and the frail aged.
Some travel may be involved in the role, so a current drivers licence is a must. For detailed information about this role please refer to the position description on our website (SEEK candidates click apply and you will be directed to our website).
You will also be required to undertake and pass a National Criminal History Check and pre-employment health & wellness check including drug and alcohol screening
Sounds great? What next?
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please provide a resume that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements for this role. As part of your application, can you also please provide a cover letter of maximum three pages that address the following two targeted questions:
- Please provide an account of when you have worked in a role undertaking a rostering or scheduling function in a complex environment (eg. multiple awards & rostering platforms). How many staff were you taking care of rostering services for? What did you find the main challenges of this role to be?
- Please describe a time when you were required to lead a team of staff remotely across multiple locations. As the prospective leader of our newly formed rostering team, please give us some tips on how you would initially build rapport with your new team with the aim of developing a high performing team.
Closing date: 11.59pm, Tuesday 23 July 2019
Enquiries: Briette Parish, Head of Business Services - 0459 863 011
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit: