- Fixed term full time role based in Rockhampton
- Support service delivery to our customers with complex needs
- Be rewarded - Be part of a not for profit organisation and contribute to the greater good
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset.
So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional clinical services team.
- Satisfaction! Build on your career and have access to progression and training opportunities.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Enjoyment! - A varied, challenging and rewarding role making a difference in the day to day lives of your customers.
About the Role
The Occupational Therapist works with the LiveBetter clinical services team and other professionals to support service delivery to customers with complex needs and functional difficulties including children and adults. Some key accountabilities include:
- Assess physical, functional, vocational and living skills and participate in the development of individual client plans and programs
- Train personnel, carers and others in the implementation of individual client programs
- Monitor, review and evaluate customer progress and adjust programs accordingly.
- Assess client environments and make recommendations for modifications and improvements to meet individual customer needs; assist in the implementation of these changes
- Advocate for customers with functional difficulties and support initiatives to overcome barriers to functioning and inclusion
- Manage a caseload of customers, taking into account priority cases, waiting lists, referral and discharge.
- Participate in case reviews of customers with complex needs.
- Maintain customer case notes and reports and communicate with stakeholders in order to obtain best outcomes.
- Participate in Clinical Supervision, Communities of Practice and Professional Development.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Experience in working with diverse clients including people with a disability, children and adults in the role of Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrated experience providing OT assessments for home modifications.
- Person centred approach to working with clients and their support network.
- Previous experience in individual training and development for clients.
- Drivers licence and the ability to travel as required.
- Literacy and IT skills for reporting and communicating internally and externally according to the requirements of the position.
- Ability to manage and prioritise work and deal with competing work demands.
- Capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working in community settings.
- Experience in provision of services within the NDIS.
- Experience working closely with the members of a clinical team.
- Strong human rights and social justice agenda.
You will also be required to: Undertake and pass a National Criminal Check, obtain a QLD BlueCard and undertake and pass a pre-employment health & wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
To apply for this role you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up to date copy of your resume.
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Enquiries: Jenny Nuss – Area Operations Manager, Clinical Services – QLD: 0439 202 630