- Work / life balance – Enjoy the flexibility of casual work based in Broken Hill
- Provide support & care to our customers to assist in developing their potential
- Disability Services experience preferred but not mandatory - we will train the right people in our Disability Care Competencies
- Join our for-purpose organisation & make an impact in the lives of our customers
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset. So, what can we offer you?
- Support! - Backing from an experienced and professional Disability Services Team.
- $$$! - Take advantage of great salary packaging benefits.
- Satisfaction! – The opportunity to really say ‘I made someone’s day’.
- Opportunity! – A chance to build on or begin your career in Community Services.
- Training! - Buddy shifts, clinical care competencies, behaviour support, online training…... just to name a few.
About the Role
Disability Support Workers provide direct customer care which aims to promote the dignity of our customers and support them to develop their potential. You may be required to work with customers one-on-one, in home, or in a group basis and at times alongside other Disability Support Workers to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Contributing to developing, following and implementing programs that support customers in developing skills associated with daily living.
- Increasing the capacity of our customers, assisting them to be a part of their community.
- Providing assistance to customers with tasks associated with daily living, personal care, domestic assistance and medication administration.
- Supporting customers in developing skills covering all aspects of personal development and daily living as defined by goals set in their Individual Plans.
- Performing duties in a manner that promotes the dignity, independence and acquisition of skills of customers to meet their individual needs.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community.
To be successful in obtaining a role with us, you will need:
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Willingness to undertake personal care (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene) services with our customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Transferable life/work skills along with a caring & compassionate approach
- Personal morals, values and attitudes that aim to support the dignity and independence of our customers
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones and computers
- Certificate III in Disability, Welfare, Individual Support or equivalent
- Six (6) months relevant experience
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Flexibility and availability to work across a varying roster, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal History Check and pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
How to Apply
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- An up to date copy of your resume
Closing date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Enquiries: Karen Plane – (08) 8082 9000
LiveBetter is a smoke free workplace